After messing around for another few hours with the lights and a ll the new stuff, I think Jen and I have finally got something a lot closer to what we were looking for. We had three shoots this week for this event and they all went great. Thanks so much to all of the folks who came out last week and this week to help us prepare for this event.
For the photographically curious we made a big change in the lighting by adding an accent light. I decided that as it got later we were losing some edge detail on our models, so I put an accect light to the right side, behind and above the subjects. See if you can see the extra difference it made.